This week that passed on grad school…
- You may mess up completely in your conducting and may have to meet your professor for further assessment.
- The day feel ready to meet your professor is the day he’s not on campus.
- That’s not the way you hold a baton… in your case you should ’cause that baton is like a Harry Potter wand. My response… CRUCIO!
- Handel composed “And the
GloryWRATH of the conductor shall be revealed”. A song specially dedicated to all conducting majors in the world.
- When you think you don’t have enough work, think again.
- How many grad students does it take to move a speaker?
- Are we on key? Is that a C? a C #? C flat? whut? My thought process when we Glory the anna
- Britten concert was a cool experience as a birthday.
- You can fall asleep on your couch after a skype call, while your friends wait for you in their house to celebrate.
- You will start missing people the day before, during, and after your birthday. (Specially those who are in the moving process).
- You all did well, but you still have to take another test of the same material next week (this Wednesday).
- My abstract was French with a touch of Dutch… I think I can roll with this… if I can ACTUALLY get the dissertation and scores I asked for… 3 weeks ago?
- Lully and Mendelsohn are cool… so cool that I listen to their pieces for basically an hour on repeat and then say WAIT I need to annotate things on these scores. Process may be repeated at least three times this weekend.
- J. S. Bach is a cat. With fluffy ears, which I want to pet (if he doesn’t kill me first or tries to escape, and succeed.)
- Starbucks Colombian coffee is NOT good enough. I need my Puertorrican coffee.
- That moment when your harmony professor calls you and tells you “if you migrate from our harmonic system to theirs (US system) I will disown you. Hey, here’s my email. Anything you need call me, text me or email me (specially for scores).”
- Choral Literature Jepordy: Here… listen to these 3 obscure passages from the 16 pieces. They have no text. Who wrote it?
- Something as simple as assisting in giving a midterm may be reassure yourself that you want to be a professor.