M.M. Choral Conducting Western Illinois University
May 2012: B.S.S.E Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico: Bachelor’s in Music Education (Choral Conducting), English Minor
AUGUST 2015- CURRENT | DES MOINES PUBLIC SCHOOLS | SPANISH TEACHER
AUGUST 2013-MAY 2015 | WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY | GRADUATE ASSISTANT
AUGUST 2012-MAY 2013 | JUAN MOREL CAMPUS MUSIC INSTITUTE | SUPPORT STAFF
AUGUST 2008- MAY 2012 | PONTIFICAL CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF PUERTO RICO
| Music, English (ELL) Tutor
Choral Conducting Positions:
JULY 2015- CURRENT | ALDERSGATE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH | MUSIC DIRECTOR
As music director at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, I have coordinated music, hymns, special music, and soloists for all worship services. I conduct the Chancel Choir, Forever Faithful, God’s Good Guys, our women ensemble. I also direct and coordinate our Praise Band. I select music, hymns, and coordinate music for Lent, Advent, Christmas and Easter activities.
Teacher Development & Leadership Activities
- Implementation and structuration of the Language Acquisition Department at Brody Middle School to ensure student success rate in Spanish classes at the High School level.
- Ensure differentiation and structure to native, non-native speakers, and students in the accelerated track (Central Campus students)
- Collaborate in the writing, revision, and alignment of the IB Language Acquisition Curriculum and Assessment.
- Collaborate in the writing, revision, alignment, and implementation with the Standard Reference Grading (SRG) in Des Moines Public Schools to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Assessment Criteria.
- Implementation and structuration of an Advanced Spanish class for native speakers.
- PLC facilitator for the Language Acquisition Department in Brody Middle School.
- Clerical duties in the Choral Library at Western Illinois University. (2012-2015)
- Video and Audio editor in the Choral Department at Western Illinois University (2012-2015)
- Tutor and Mentor students through the Music and ELL students in the Tutoring Center at the Pontifical Catholic University (2007-2012).
- Assistant Support Staff for Music Theory and Music Appreciation classes at the Juan Morel Campos Music Institute (2007; 2012-2013)
Performances as a Choral Conductor:
March 2013: Discover Puerto Rico & it’s Choral Music
May 27, 2012 Chamber Choir from the Jose Emilio Lugo High School’s Spring Concert
May 21-27, 2012 Pontifical Catholic University Chamber Choir’s Spring Summer Tour 2012 in New York & New Jersey
May 6, 2012 Pontifical Catholic University’s Spring Concert (Associate Conductor)
December 15, 2011 IMJMC Christmas Concert (Guest Conductor)
December 8, 2010 IMJMC Christmas Concert (Guest Conductor)
December 5, 2010 Pontifical Catholic University’s Christmas Concert (Student Conductor)
2011: “The Art of Musical Poetry”
2009: “Navidad Borincana” with the Pontifical Catholic University (Chorister)
2008: Ponce Municipal Band: “125 years of Culture and Tradition” (Chorister)
March 2011- present: ACDA
January 2008- May 2012: Music Student Association Mons. Abel Di Marco (Secretary/Treasurer)
August 2005- May 2007: Music Club (President and Founder)