Rain or Shine you’re going to die (from working too hard)
This past week has been… draining. Emotionally, Physically and Mentally. It’s been a hard week to be a grad student. Too many things going on at once. At I really felt I was going to die, but never fear the GSSS is here (graduate school support system). This is what I’ve learned this past week in Grad School
- Windows sucks. (Sorry Ethan.)
- Apple technology WILL fail you during your first presentation, no matter how much you check your tech. It. Will. Fail.
- Remember to think about how you’re going to present something. Remember and practice how you’re going to breathe. This will be for naught. The nerves will kill you. No matter how much you practice or are accustomed in doing presentations.
- Tequila shot(s) after a hard week can and will make you feel better.
- Do not take ibuprofen at least 24 hours before you take your tequila shot. (Did not happened to me, but still good life lesson)
- Scholars want to kill you of you write it, it’s, or anything similar. Also, the professor will want to EXTERMINATE YOU if you do. She will haunt you down, and kill you. Maybe she’ll be merciful and do what the 9th doctor did to the aliens who wanted to live forever….
- You had to do a presentation? No worries the day afterwards we will give you TWO articles to read and analyze as about quantitative things. You can handle it. We know you can.
- Need a breather? Here’s a Theory test for you. Easy!
- I know we don’t like viewing ourselves doing a presentation. No worries. You still have to do it.
- You need to learn a whole period for next week. You can do it. I won’t tell you how I will ask you though. May the oods be ever in your favor.
- I should really try to sleep more.